This program seeks to create an authentic Yeshiva experience within the framework of a co-educational Modern Orthodox High School.
The Beit Midrash will:
- Situate learning in the traditional setting of the Beit Midrash. In addition to regular Shiurim from Rabbeim, students will study in individual Chavrutot, and learn to independently explore the rich world of Jewish learning.
- Educate students in wide ranging areas of Torah, including Tanach, Gemara, Halacha, Machshava and Mussar.
- Explore questions pertaining to Torah’s interaction with the modern world.
- Train students to become future leaders of the American Jewish community.
- Learn to independently read and interpret the classic Judaic texts – Tanach, Gemara, Rashi, Tosafot and other Talmudic commentaries.
- Create and publish Divrei Torah and Shiurim in a variety of media formats, including blogs, podcasts, social media, and newsletters.
- Develop analytical skills in order to craft novel Torah interpretations and ideas.
- Meet with leading Torah scholars, and lay and rabbinic leaders of American Jewry, and attend trips exploring American Jewish communities and Jewish communal infrastructure.
- Study and learn both inside the classroom and outside the classroom, in a general Chavruta, Beit Midrash setting.
- Be part of a Chevra of like-minded students aspiring for spiritual and intellectual growth.